Writers’Nest in Seoul to Breed Global Literature
Seoul Art Space Yeonhui is Seoul’s first creation space specializing in literature. It’s a part of the art space programs
of Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture(SFAC), a public organization. It’s been established since 5th November 2009
on the site of former The City History Compilation Committee.
On the 6,915m2 site (ground area is total 1,480m2), there are 4 tiled-roof buildings, outdoor stage and a trail among
pine-woods. Located in the quiet residential area, it presents an enchanting rural landscape in the urban center, Seoul.
As an exclusive residence for writers, it aims at providing an optimal environment to writers for creating their works,
and the greatest chance to be closer to literature to citizens.
Participants (Yearly Average)
- Writers-in-Residence: From about 80 writers, 10-15 are from overseas
- Out of 19 rooms, 3 are reserved for international residencies
- We are strictly a writers-only residency. We thus support writers working in pure literature, which we define as the following
- Fiction, Novel, Poem, Playwriting, Literary translation and Literary criticism
- We do not support Film-writers and Documentary-related writers.
How to apply
- We offer a basic program, [Rolling Admissions], free of charge, as of 2015.
- Applications are received throughout the year
- Address : 138 Soparo (8-19 Yejang-dong), Jung-gu, Seoul
- For more information, call : +82-2-758-2000