A Writers’ Nest in Seoul Breeding Global Literature
Seoul Art Space Yeonhui is Seoul’s first creative space specializing in literature. It’s a part of the art space programs of the public organization, Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture(SFAC). It has been established on the 5th of November, 2009 on a site formerly belonging to The City History Compilation Committee.
On the 6,915 sq. meter site (the ground-level area is 1,480 sq. meters in total), there are 4 tiled-roof buildings, an outdoor stage and a trail through pine-woods. Located in a quiet residential area, the space is nestled in an enchanting natural landscape in the urban center of Seoul.
As a residence exclusively for writers, Seoul Art Space Yeonhui aims to provide an optimal environment for writers to work in and a great chance for the public to become closer to literature.
Participants (Yearly Average)
- Writers-in-Residence: Out of about 80 writers, 10-15 are from overseas.
- Out of 19 rooms, 1 to 3 are reserved for international writers.
- We are strictly a writers’ residency. We support writers working in literature, which we define to include:
- fiction, novels, poetry, playwriting, literary translation and literary criticism.
- We are currently not accepting applications from film-writers or documentary writers.
How to apply
- We offer a basic program, [Rolling Admissions], free of charge, as of 2018.
- Applications are received throughout the year
- Address : 2 Gil 6-7 Jeungaro (203-1 Yeonhui-dong), Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- For more information, call : +82-2-324-4600